• To integrate Yukon First Nation perspectives and ways of knowing and doing into the curriculum.
• To utilize the experience of a moose harvest to support relevant cross-curricular connections and integration (P.E., English, Social Studies, Science)
• To build capacity and relationship with the White River First Nation community and elders
• To experience a moose hunt with traditional practices and guidance from an Elder.
• To affirm ILC students in their Indigenous heritage
• To supplement the ILC food program with wild meat. The ILC staff and students cook a meal every week of the year for our students.
Proponent: Individual Learning Centre
Amount Awarded: $4,000
Final Report: Download